Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-day Card making

I have a number of cardmaking supplies at home so I invited a girlfriend over to make some valentine's day cards. We experimented a bit with twilling and it was fun. I ended up making a few cards for friends and my mom:


Here I layered patterned paper with a wide ribbon and actually sewed the button in the middle of the heart.

I made my own twilling tool by knocking off the top of one of my large blunt ended needles. I dont think its the best but it created some decent shapes.


A couple more:


This one is my favorite I think, probably since I am biased by bugs.

I think the recipients enjoyed their surprise cards. I like to interpret this overly-commercial holiday as a chance to make any of your loved ones feel special.. not just a significant other.


Happy Valentines Day!


~skunkrabbit

No comments:

Post a Comment